The ambitious mission of the Preamble Windfall Foundation is:
– To attempt to maximize the risk-adjusted wellbeing of all sentient entities.
Technically we care about all entities which feel qualia, irrespective of whether or not they are intelligently self-aware. The term "sentient entities" was used in the mission statement simply because it is more concise than saying "entities capable of feeling qualia".
The Preamble Windfall Foundation is closely aligned with the Effective Altruism movement, which you may learn about at the EA Forum: https://forum.effectivealtruism.org/
The Preamble Windfall Foundation (PWF) was founded in 2021 amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and seeks to prevent all suffering as much as can possibly be achieved.
The Preamble Windfall Foundation is closely aligned with Preamble https://preamble.com (which is a for-profit company building ethical artificial intelligence) but the PWF is separate and has partially-independent leadership. (50% of the PWF's directors are also directors at Preamble).
The PWF technically consists of two separate organizations, both of which share the mission described above.
• The Preamble Windfall Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3), EIN number 87-3205774.
– The 501(c)(3) conducts grantmaking, scientific research, and impact investing.
• The Preamble Windfall Foundation Social Welfare Organization, Inc. is a 501(c)(4), EIN number 87-3252684.
– The 501(c)(4) conducts conducts government relations and public policy advocacy.
To inquire about grant opportunities, you may reach us at:
To donate to the Preamble Windfall Foundation via PayPal, simply send your donation to the PayPal account email@example.com
To donate via check, write to us at:
Unless you specify otherwise, all donations received will be directed to our 501(c)(3) entity and are tax-deductible.