The ambitious mission of the Preamble Windfall Foundation is:
– To minimize the risk of artificial intelligence systems.
The Preamble Windfall Foundation (PWF) was founded in 2021 amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Preamble Windfall Foundation is closely aligned with Preamble https://preamble.com (which is a for-profit company building ethical artificial intelligence) but the PWF is separate and has partially-independent leadership. (50% of the PWF's directors are also directors at Preamble).
The PWF technically consists of two separate organizations, both of which share the mission described above.
• The Preamble Windfall Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3), EIN number 87-3205774.
– The 501(c)(3) conducts grant making, scientific research, and impact investing.
• The Preamble Windfall Foundation Social Welfare Organization, Inc. is a 501(c)(4), EIN number 87-3252684.
– The 501(c)(4) conducts conducts government relations and public policy advocacy.
To inquire about grant opportunities, you may reach us at:
To donate to the Preamble Windfall Foundation via PayPal, simply send your donation to the PayPal account firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate via check, write to us at:
Unless you specify otherwise, all donations received will be directed to our 501(c)(3) entity and are tax-deductible.